- Eat & Drink
- See & Do
- Paso Events
- About Paso
- Plan Your Event
2018 Paso Robles Rhone Rangers Experience
Tuesday, February 13, 2018
The Paso Robles Chapter of the Rhone Rangers invites you to join over 45 of their members in tasting through some of America’s leading producers of Rhone varieties.
Kick off your day with the “Rhone Essentials” Seminar where you will taste and learn about some of the most popular Rhone grapes. Hear from the winemakers who have chosen the Rhone Ranger route in Paso Robles, and who are forging the area's reputation as California's "Rhone Zone". The seminar will be moderated by Patrick Comiskey, Senior Contributor for Wine & Spirits Magazine, Principal Wine Columnist for the Los Angeles Times, and author of "American Rhone: How Maverick Winemakers Changed the Way Americans Drink." Wines and speakers representing the major categories are:
- Viognier: Paul Hoover, Still Waters Vineyards (2016 Estate Viognier)
- Other White Rhone Varietal: Kevin Sass, Halter Ranch (2016 Grenache Blanc)
- White Rhone Blend: Chris Eberle, Eberle Winery (2016 Cotes-du-Robles Blanc)
- Dry Rosé: Jeremy Leffert, Tooth and Nail Winery, (2017 Rabble Rosé)
- Grenache: Carl Bowker, Caliza Winery (2015 Grenache)
- Mourvèdre: Damian Grindley, Brecon Estate (2014 Mourvèdre)
- Red Rhone Blend: Terry/Jennifer Hoage, TH Estate (2015 “The 46”)
- Syrah: Jeremy Weintraub, Adelaida Vineyards & Winery (2015 “Signature” Anna’s Vineyard)
From the seminar, indulge yourself at the Vintners’ Lunch where you will be joined by Rhone Rangers winemakers for a gourmet banquet prepared by Chef Jeffery Scott. Throughout lunch, members' Rhone wines will be passing freely around the tables, while guests enjoy an extended opportunity to interact with the makers. The full lunch menu is available here.
Lastly, taste through nearly 150 wines from the complete membership of the Paso Robles Rhone Rangers, including top single Rhone varietals and the best in Rhone blends at the Grand Tasting and Silent Auction. And new this year, we welcome a delegation of wineries from the Santa Barbara Rhone Rangers Chapter. During the Grand Tasting, bid on lots donated by Rhone Rangers member wineries and help support the Rhone Rangers scholarship fund!
The day's events will take place at Broken Earth Winery, on Highway 46 just east of Paso Robles. Participation in the seminar and lunch will be limited to the first 200 tickets sold. The grand tasting will be limited to 400 attendees.
Tickets for the seminar and lunch are $95, and seminar/lunch attendees receive free entry into the Grand Tasting. Tickets for the Grand Tasting are just $35 and can be purchased here.
Hotel Room Blocks
The Oaks Hotel: 10% discount if you call 805.237.8700 and mention "Rhone Rangers Experience" room block.